Advertising at Need to Know is a great way to deliver your message to open-minded truth seekers and independent thinkers.
Need to Know is updated three times per week and reaches the highly informed liberty movement centered around G. Edward Griffin, Freedom Force International, Red Pill Expo, Red Pill University and, of course, Need to Know News.
Classified ads are displayed at the bottom of the home page and all news pages.
Banner ads can be displayed: (1) in the sidebar of all pages, (2) within the text of news stories, or (3) above the header at the top of all pages.
The cost of classified ads depends on the number of characters and spaces they contain. For banner ads, it depends on their size in terms of total pixels required and on their location. In both cases, there is a substantial price advantage for repeat placement.
- Classified ads up to 275 characters, including spaces and punctuation, are billed at $65 for each month plus 20 cents per additional character. Use of upper-case letters for emphasis and non-breaking spaces is not accepted. Black text only (except links). Graphics and images are not eligible. Text can be changed after ad is placed. (A substantial discount is applied when using automatic renewal.)
- Banner ads must be in a TIF, JPG, or GIF format. Flashers and shakers are not eligible. Sliders are billed as multiple ads, one for each frame. Cost is based on total pixels. This is calculated by multiplying the number of horizontal pixels by the number of vertical pixels. (A substantial discount is applied when using automatic renewal.)
- In the sidebar, pixels are billed at $.003 (.3¢). The image must be exactly 326 pixels wide but can be any height starting at 200 pixels.
- Within news stories, pixels are billed at $.006 (.6¢). The image must be exactly 692 pixels wide but can be any height starting at 87 pixels. Text without an image in this location is treated as a banner ad. There is a minimum billing for 87 pixels high even if the text does not require it. The default policy is to allow empty space around the text to make it stand out. However, the advertiser has the option of removing most of the empty space to allow the message to be more closely associated with the news surrounding it.
- Above page headers, pixels are billed at $.009 (.9¢). The image must be exactly 692 pixels wide and exactly 87 pixels tall.
- One-time placement: At the end of each month’s billing cycle, your ad will automatically terminate unless you ask us to extend for another month.
- Repeat placement: Discounted 40% from non-renewal rates. Your ad will be automatically extended monthly until you ask us to cancel. Ads may be canceled any time after three months.
WHAT YOU NEED TO START
- Classified advertisers: Please prepare your text and know how many characters and spaces are in your ad. This will allow you to closely estimate the cost. There are several Internet sites that automatically count characters and spaces. Here is one of them. Send the text of your ad here and you will receive an email to confirm the cost and to enable you to authorize payment by bank card or PayPal.
- Banner advertisers: Please prepare your image to the specifications mentioned previously, calculate the total pixel size (horizontal pixels multiplied by vertical). This will allow you to closely estimate the cost. Send the image file here, and include the link you want attached to the image. You will receive an email to confirm the cost and to enable you to authorize payment by bank card or PayPal.
- Ads generally are published within 3 days from the day payment is processed.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact us here.